Friday, June 11, 2010

For now...untitled

Today I'm graduating from high school.

This is incredibly exciting and yet a little depressing. I will miss a lot of people, and I guess what's even harder is now the stakes are higher, the expectations are higher. This is that mythical REST OF MY LIFE moment that I always said would be like blah blah. Wow. So I have a mac (yes) and I was looking at the dashboard, and I saw something that was very poignant to me. One of the most important teachers I've ever had, who served as the dean for my academic summer program, died two years ago in the autumn of my junior year. I was completely devastated, but as I look at his picture again and read his obituary, I remember that he always wanted me to do my best, to connect to people and be strong. I think I've done most of what he's asked successfully.
And to make him proud would be the best thing.

No comments: